Our History

Grace Community Church is a member of the Evangelical Covenant Order of the Presbyterians (ECO) denomination.

Our church was established as First Presbyterian Church of Boca Raton in 1957, and held its first service on our existing campus in 1959. We had a humble beginning, with services originally taking place in a temporary building structure, situated on five and one-half acres of land given to the church by the Butts family. In 1964, our main sanctuary was opened, and has been a landmark in Boca Raton ever since. In the mid-seventies, our church campus saw the addition of classrooms, childcare facilities, a music center and a chapel.

Our church continues to grow and change today. December 2008 marked the grand opening of our exciting Family Enrichment Center. This 20,000 square foot building houses a gymnasium, a performance stage, a commercial kitchen and servicing area, and a 3,000 square foot Teen Center. In March 2009 we adopted a new church name: Grace Community Church. Our name reflects the friendly, inviting nature of our church family, and helps us communicate our mission of loving God, loving people, connecting with our community, and connecting our community with Jesus.

We have thriving ministry programs for children and teens, as well as a wide variety of programs for adults and families. Our fully-accredited preschool serves approximately 120 children from ages 2 to 5 and offers an extended day program.

The Lord has blessed our church family and we are excited about all of the opportunities He has in store for us in the future. We love our neighborhood and can’t wait to meet new friends in our community. Please stop by for a visit!